Somerset County Child Support Lawyers

When your marriage ends and you have minor children, you want to know that their financial needs are being met. At the same time, you want to know that your ex-spouse is paying his or her fair share. With the intense emotions that come with divorce, you may find it difficult to work directly with your ex-spouse to make any necessary changes. That’s when you want an experienced lawyer to protect your interests.

Contact the Child Support Practice at Lyons & Associates, P.C.

Our lawyers will work with you throughout the divorce process, from the initial filing through trial or settlement, to post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of a final order. We will carefully review any proposed child support order for compliance with New Jersey guidelines, and to ensure that all income, including seasonal, commission-based or part-time income, is factored into the equation.

If your divorce decree is final, but your circumstances have changed, we can help you take the necessary steps to change the support order.

Emancipated Minor Issues

In New Jersey, unless you have specifically stated in a divorce property settlement that child support terminates on a specific date (when the child is 18, for example), the obligation continues until you affirmatively file a motion for emancipation. At Lyons & Associates, P.C., we have a solid understanding of the laws governing the emancipation of minors, and can help you effectively resolve any challenging issues related to child support and the emancipation of minors.

Contact Lyons & Associates, P.C., Today for Help With Your Child Support Matter

In order to obtain the information you need, and the advice you want, or to discuss the particulars of your matter, please schedule a confidential consultation with the New Jersey child custody attorneys at Lyons & Associates, P.C., by calling 908-575-9777. You can also fill out our intake form.

Lyons & Associates serves the entire State of New Jersey including Somerville, Bridgewater, Somerset, Basking Ridge, Mendham and Morristown, Somerset County, Morris County and Union County.