The Advantages of Hiring a Certified Matrimonial Attorney
When a marriage begins to dissolve, it can seem like the end of your hopes and dreams and the world as you know it. Yet during that highly emotional time, you need to do everything you can to protect your children, your home, your lifestyle, and your finances. You may not be thinking clearly, and so choosing the right lawyer at a time like that may be challenging.
The good news is that the State of New Jersey has made your choice easier, by bestowing Supreme Court Certifications upon certain lawyers who have gone through rigorous training and passed stringent qualifications.
When you choose a Certified Matrimonial Attorney, you know that you are choosing someone who understands everything about the specialty area of matrimonial law.
Becoming a Certified Matrimonial Attorney
The requirements for becoming a Certified Matrimonial Attorney include:
- Being a member in good standing of the New Jersey bar for more than five years
- Demonstrating a substantial level of experience in matrimonial law
- Continuing to fulfill all ongoing education requirements
- Undergoing strict vetting to ensure the lawyer has experience in handling different types of family law cases
- Passing a written examination on matrimonial law
- Receiving favorable evaluations by judges and other lawyers
There are approximately 75,000 active lawyers in the state of New Jersey, and many of them will tell you that they are qualified to practice matrimonial law. However, out of that large number there are only two percent that are certified.
When you choose a certified lawyer, you are choosing someone who has proven their proficiency in family and matrimonial law.
The Personal Touch and Professional Representation
The New Jersey family law and divorce lawyers at Lyons & Associates live by the mantra of “personal attention for personal matters.” That means that we understand you are going through a deeply personal experience – one that is rife with mixed emotions and uncertainty. We strive to ensure that your experience will be free of fear, by providing answers to all your questions, offering compassionate and insightful guidance, and providing fierce advocacy for your rights.
Two members of our team are Certified Matrimonial Attorneys:
- Managing Partner Terry Lyons, a founding member of the firm, is a renowned author and lecturer who devotes much of her free time to charitable works. She was recently honored by the American Institute of Family Law lawyers as one of the “top 10 best female lawyers.”
- Will Lemega, a Senior Associate, is a skilled trial lawyer who focuses his practice on complex matrimonial and family law matters. In 2018 he was honored as a New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star.
The New Jersey Certified Matrimonial Law Attorneys at Lyons & Associates, P.C. Work to Help Clients with Matters of Marital Law
Going through a divorce or dealing with any marital law matter can be both confusing and stressful. Our New Jersey Certified Matrimonial Law Lawyers can bring confidence and peace-of-mind to a complicated, often frightening process. Please contact Lyons & Associates, P.C. at 908-575-9777 or contact us online.
Lyons & Associates, P.C. is conveniently located in Somerville, to serve clients throughout New Jersey including Bridgewater, Basking Ridge, Chatham, Madison, Mendham, Morris Plains, Morristown, Parsippany, Randolph, Rockaway, Short Hills, South Plainfield, and Somerset.