New Jersey Family Law and Divorce Lawyers


Chris Ann received her undergraduate degree from Rutgers University, School of Business and graduated from Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware. She also has a Certification in Divorce Mediation from Rutgers University. After graduating from law school she clerked in Hudson County, Family Part for the Honorable John J. Grossi, Jr. where she assisted the judge with divorce motions and Division of Youth and Family Services hearings and mediated custody disputes.

Prior to joining Lyons & Associates, PC, Chris Ann was a solo practitioner whose practice focused on divorce. She was an Adjunct Professor at Berkeley College where she taught Family Law, Business Law and Contract Law. Most recently, her work has been in the area of Residential Real Estate Law, primarily short sales.

Chris Ann is a member of the New Jersey Bar and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. She is Past President of the Scotch Plains Junior Woman’s Club and a member of the Scotch Plains Business and Professional Association.

Articles Written by Chris Ann Wright:


Articles Written by Chris Ann Wright

When Should The Quitclaim Deed Be Signed During a Divorce?

Very often the issue of signing a Quitclaim Deed arises during a divorce. When one party buys out the other party’s interest in the marital home, the party receiving the buyout must sign a Quitclaim Deed. A signature on a Quitclaim Deed indicates a party no longer has an interest in or right to the property.

Is an Oral Agreement Enforceable When Divorcing?

As with anything that has to do with the law, the answer is yes and no depending on the circumstances. It has long been recognized that settlement in litigation is favored by the courts and settlements that are fair and just are enforceable. What happens if the parties agree orally to the essential terms but the agreement is never put in writing?

Is Relocation in the Best Interest of the Child?

Often after a divorce, one parent or the other wants to relocate to another state – whether that parent is getting married, finds a new job or just wants to start a new life. Previously, if parents could not agree on relocation and the parties chose to enlist the assistance of the courts,