Bridgewater Divorce Lawyers
Advocating for Families in and Around Bridgewater
Divorce can be a trying time for every member of the family. Amidst this changing family dynamic, complex legal issues may arise. Division of assets, the future of a shared business, or one spouse’s relocation to another state can all serve to complicate the process for a family.
At Lyons & Associates, P.C., our Bridgewater divorce lawyers have a successful track record of representing families in complex divorces. Every one of our attorneys is a former clerk of a New Jersey Superior Court judge, meaning that we have extensive experience handling all family law issues and knowledge about the inner workings of the courts. Our legal team has successfully advocated for individuals in the following areas of family law.
- Adoption—The rise in alternative family planning allows thousands of American couples each year to have children through adoptions. Our legal team can help you and your spouse during this exciting time.
- Alimony termination—Alimony payments can be a financial burden on individuals after a divorce. However, there are times and circumstances when alimony can be terminated or reduced. Contact us to learn more about how to end your payments.
- Divorce litigation—Child custody, division of assets, business valuations and visitation rights can all complicate a divorce. Our Bridgewater divorce lawyers can help divorcing spouses reach terms that work for both parties.
- Domestic violence and child abuse allegations—Child abuse and domestic violence allegations are extremely serious and can have a significant impact on custody. Our divorce lawyers can investigate these claims, either working to substantiate or discredit them. We also have significant knowledge of the DCPP (formerly known as DYFS).
- Equitable Distribution of Marital Property—Our divorce lawyers work to fairly divide assets for our clients. Furthermore, we advocate for couples in high-asset divorce cases when it comes to managing investments and shared businesses.
- Fathers’ rights—In many divorces, fathers may lose out when it comes to custody or visitation rights. At Lyons & Associates, P.C., we are staunch advocates for fathers’ rights in New Jersey and will fight for joint custody and fair visitation rights.
- Grandparents’ rights—When the State takes custody of a child from a parent, the grandparents may have a right to adopt. Oftentimes, being with a familiar caregiver will serve to benefit the child in a tumultuous time. That is why our Bridgewater family lawyers are advocates for grandparents’ rights. On the other hand, sometimes well-intentioned grandparents can overstep their bounds. Regardless of the situation, we strive to put the children first.
- Mothers’ rights—Preceding a divorce, many mothers may worry about their financial futures. Fathers who are unwilling to pay child support or alimony can face criminal charges and other sanctions. Our Bridgewater divorce lawyers can pursue alimony or child support violations in court.
- Same-sex couples litigation—Divorce for same-sex couples has been rapidly developing ever since LGBT couples were granted the right to marry. We take into consideration adoption, surrogate parents, and prior civil unions and domestic partnerships in same-sex divorces.
Bridgewater Divorce Lawyers at Lyons & Associates, P.C. Advocate for Couples in All Family Law Matters
If you are considering a divorce in New Jersey, contacting experienced legal counsel is the best way to ensure that the whole process goes smoothly. At Lyons & Associates, P.C. we do our best to ensure that divorce is handled in a respectful, efficient manner. Our Bridgewater divorce lawyers will ensure that your divorce is handled in a respectful, efficient manner. Contact us online or call our offices at 908-575-9777 to schedule your free consultation.