New Jersey Real Estate Lawyers
Buying or selling a home in New Jersey can be complex and lengthy. You are not required to hire a lawyer when buying or selling real estate, but it is wise to retain one, especially when real estate is often the single largest financial transaction many undertake. A knowledgeable New Jersey real estate lawyer can anticipate issues and help prevent losses due to seller misrepresentation, fraud, unreasonable contract clauses, or property or title defects that would otherwise not be discovered.
Real estate lawyers are integral during residential or commercial property transactions, handling all legal aspects and responsibilities to keep clients informed, address unforeseen issues, protect clients’ rights, and ensure a smooth transaction. Our New Jersey real estate lawyers at Lyons & Associates, P.C. can help you with all real estate legal matters, including:
- Purchasing: Real estate lawyers are integral during property purchase, providing legal guidance, reviewing contracts, and assisting with closing, among other necessary legal concerns, depending on the property type under purchase.
- Refinancing: Refinancing reduces your mortgage loan’s annual percentage rate and provides access to your home equity funds to address repairs or pay other debts. Your lawyer can help you review or negotiate the terms of a refinancing contract.
- Selling: When selling property, a real estate lawyer can conduct title reviews and address any concerns, respond to buyer repair requests, prepare or review documents and contracts, and represent you during closing.
- Short sales: If your mortgage and debt exceed your home’s value, a short sale provides an alternative to home foreclosure or declaring bankruptcy. A short sale is an agreement with your lender that allows you to sell your home to pay off the loan at a reduced rate. It is crucial to involve a real estate lawyer when considering a short sale, to craft a hardship letter to your lender, and to represent you throughout the process.
- Reverse mortgage: If you are of retirement age, opting for a reverse mortgage allows you to access a portion of your home equity funds in a lump sum, monthly installments, or revolving credit to cover expenses or debts. A real estate lawyer can help address any impact a reverse mortgage will have on your estate and ensure your loved ones are protected after your passing.
- Foreclosure: If you are facing foreclosure over an unpaid mortgage, a New Jersey real estate lawyer can provide legal advice, help you understand your rights, review foreclosure documents, defend you against your lender and eviction, or negotiate alternative solutions, such as bankruptcy or short sale, to cover the loan.
An experienced New Jersey real estate lawyer can assist with lease agreements, property disputes, title insurance, and zoning concerns, among other legal matters. When facing any property-related legal issues, it is also essential to consult a knowledgeable and experienced real estate lawyer to ensure compliance with local and state laws and regulations. At Lyons & Associates, P.C., our New Jersey real estate lawyers provide exceptional representation and ensure you are legally protected throughout the process.
Our New Jersey Real Estate Lawyers at Lyons & Associates, P.C. Assist Clients With All Real Estate Transactions
If you need help with a real estate or foreclosure matter, our New Jersey real estate lawyers at Lyons & Associates, P.C. can assist. Call us today at 908-575-9777 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Somerville, Morristown, and Freehold, New Jersey, we serve clients throughout Somerset, Woodbridge, Morristown, Parsippany, Rockaway, Short Hills, Chatham, Randolph, Madison, Morris Plains, and Monmouth County.