New Jersey Family Law and Divorce Lawyers
Offering Personal Attention for Personal Matters
Call (908) 575-9777 to speak with an experienced family law and complex divorce lawyer today. We provide personal attention for personal matters.
If you have a family law or divorce matter, seek experienced advice and representation from an attorney who solely focuses on family law and divorce in New Jersey. Put yourself in a position to make informed decisions and have an experienced lawyer who will aggressively pursue your goals and zealously protect your rights.
Located in Somerville, New Jersey, Lyons & Associates provides the experienced legal representation you seek. Our firm is headed by attorney Terry Lyons, and every one of our attorneys is a former clerk of a New Jersey Superior Court judge. That means we know the law and legal process, and we are committed to utilizing our knowledge and experience to your benefit. Our practice is focused solely on family law and divorce, which means we stay on top of the latest developments in New Jersey family law and divorce procedures.
Other law firms even refer their family, friends and clients to us because they know our reputation for providing knowledgeable, experienced, professional representation and because we have a history of getting results. For additional information regarding how we can help you, please visit our Benefits of Retaining Lyons & Associates page.
Questions? Call (908) 575-9777 to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our skilled New Jersey complex divorce and contested divorce litigation attorneys.
Experienced New Jersey Family Law and Divorce Lawyers
We have significant experience with a wide range of family law matters and complex divorce issues, including:
- Adoption — We handle domestic adoptions, including stepparent or grandparent adoptions, second parent adoption for gay and lesbian couples, as well as DYFS adoptions and domestic re-adoptions of children adopted internationally.
- Alimony and Spousal Support – There are several different types of alimony and spousal support that can be awarded, each based on the couple’s earning capacity and income.
- Alimony Termination — Our divorce lawyers represent men and women in alimony terminations, including terminating alimony based on cohabitation or changes in circumstances.
- Appeals – Regardless of who handled your divorce trial or other family law case, you may need a different lawyer for your appeal—someone who is intimately familiar with the appellate process. Often times having a different lawyer give a fresh look at a trial court’s decision provides clarity that helps determine the chances of winning the appeal.
- Child Custody and Child Support Issues — We handle child custody and support issues including child custody, parenting time or visitation matters, and child support obligations, as well as modifications of child custody and child support after a divorce.
- Divorce Litigation — Our divorce lawyers represent men and women in contested divorce litigation, including litigation over child custody issues, the division of marital property and support matters; as well as uncontested divorces, when both spouses agree about the terms of the divorce.
- Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Matters — Our experienced attorneys represent individuals in matters involving domestic violence (or allegations of domestic violence), including divorces involving domestic violence, cases involving the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS) and victim’s rights claims arising out of domestic violence, abuse or neglect.
- Equitable Distribution of Marital Property — Our family law attorneys provide experienced representation to men and women involved in the division of marital property, including the division of marital assets and debts accumulated during the marriage, as well as property valuation matters or property classification issues (marital property vs. individual property).
- Father’s Rights — Our law firm handles father’s rights issues, and we aggressively pursue and protect those rights, including those involving child custody and support issues.
- Grandparent’s Rights — Our attorneys provide grandparents with information and representation to enforce grandparent’s rights, including in child custody matters.
- High Asset Divorce – Seeking legal advice from an experienced divorce lawyer is crucial in a high asset divorce. Some of the complex issues that need to be addressed include alimony, child custody, retirement assets, inheritances, business partnerships, luxury accommodations, antiques, art, jewelry, stocks and investments, and hidden assets.
- Mediation – This type of alternative dispute resolution is often used to resolve marital and family law issues. Our divorce mediators can assist couples in coming to an agreement about the terms of their divorce.
- Military Divorce – Families in the military face many similar struggles as other Americans, but military families seeking a divorce also often encounter unique legal obstacles.
- Mother’s Rights — We recognize mother’s rights and provide zealous representation to protect the interests of mothers, including in child support and child custody matters.
- Post-divorce Modifications — Our divorce lawyers represent men and women seeking post-divorce modifications, including child custody modifications, move-away issues (especially where an individual is seeking to move out of state with a child), child support modifications and termination of support.
- Same-Sex Couples Litigation — Our law firm represents gay and lesbian couples in all family law matters, including custody and marriage registration issues, as well as divorces or dissolutions of same-sex marriages, domestic partnerships, or civil unions that took place here in New Jersey, or in another state.
- Religious Divorces – Our New Jersey divorce lawyers understand how important faith doctrines and values are to some of our clients. We are committed to ensuring these are respected throughout the entire divorce process. We represent clients of the Roman Catholic, Jewish, Hindu and Muslim faiths.
Contact an Experienced New Jersey Family Law and Divorce Lawyer at Lyons & Associates
To obtain additional information about family or divorce law in New Jersey, or to discuss how we can assist you with your situation, please schedule a confidential consultation with New Jersey family law attorney Terry Lyons or one of our experienced New Jersey divorce lawyers by calling (908) 575-9777, or filling out our intake form. We provide personal attention for your personal matters.
Lyons & Associates serves the entire State of New Jersey including Basking Ridge, Bridgewater, Mendham, Morristown, Somerset, Somerville, South Plainfield, Woodbridge, and Somerset County, Morris County and Union County.