Woodbridge Divorce Lawyers
Advocating for Families in Woodbridge and the Surrounding Areas
At Lyons & Associates, P.C., we understand that a contested divorce can be overwhelming. Our Woodbridge divorce lawyers can resolve a variety of family law issues and meticulously follow changing laws. We are well-versed in handling contested divorces, as well as other complex divorce matters and can be the advocates you and your family need.
Notably, all of our lawyers have enjoyed a judicial clerkship with a Superior Court, meaning we have special knowledge and insight about how the courts work.
Our compassionate Woodbridge divorce lawyers have successfully advocated for individuals in the following family law issues:
- Adoption: Adoptions are growing in popularity for same-sex and heterosexual couples alike. We can work with an adoption agency to make sure that this process is as seamless as possible.
- Alimony: Remarrying and cohabitating may terminate an individual’s requirement to pay alimony to a former spouse. Consult our legal team to learn more about how you can stop these costly payments.
- Child custody and support issues: Our lawyers have successfully advocated for parents who wish to modify visitation rights, child support payments, child tuition costs and custody after a divorce.
- Divorce litigation: When something in a divorce is contested, be it a division of assets, child custody, or visitation rights, things can become extremely difficult for couples. Our compassionate lawyers can seamlessly and expediently work to resolve a contested divorce in New Jersey.
- Domestic violence and child abuse matters: Suffering or being accused of abuse can have a devastating effect on an individual. We can investigate every detail of your case and defend you in court. We also offer assistance to survivors of domestic abuse.
- Equitable distribution of marital property: Perhaps the most tedious of divorce proceedings, the division of assets is best done with the counsel of a skilled divorce lawyer. Additionally, our divorce lawyers have successfully advocated for couples who have large investments or business assets.
- Fathers’ rights: Sometimes, it can seem that custody and visitation rights do not favor the father. We have successfully won joint custody issues in numerous New Jersey divorces.
- Grandparents’ rights: Grandparents who wish to adopt a grandchild or establish visitation rights should do so with the support of our lawyers. Such cases may involve the state or child services securing custody of the child from the parent. Our lawyers can make a case for those who are familiar with the child to secure custody.
- Mothers’ rights: Divorce can be a trying time for mothers who may not be financially stable. Our lawyers can work to secure both alimony and child support payments for mothers.
- Post-divorce modifications: Our lawyers have represented parents who have to modify child custody, visitation rights, or child support after remarrying or moving.
- Same-sex couple divorces: Litigation for same-sex couples comes with its own unique factors. Our divorce lawyers know how to navigate divorce for adoptive or surrogate parents as well as for those who previously had civil unions or domestic partnerships.
Woodbridge Divorce Lawyers at Lyons & Associates, P.C. Successfully Advocate for Our Clients in Family Law Proceedings
If you are seeking a divorce in New Jersey, and it has become contested, then you are urged to contact one of our Woodbridge divorce lawyers at Lyons & Associates, P.C. before the matter becomes more complicated. Contact us online or call us at 908-575-9777 to schedule a free, confidential consultation. Located in Morristown and Somerville, New Jersey, we serve clients across Somerset, Woodbridge, Morristown, Parsippany, Rockaway, Short Hills, Chatham, Randolph, Madison, and Morris Plains.