South Plainfield Divorce Lawyers
We Advocate for Families in and Around South Plainfield
Whether it is a divorce or an adoption, a change to a family’s structure brings with it a certain level of stress. At Lyons & Associates, P.C., our compassionate South Plainfield divorce lawyers have helped families throughout the state of New Jersey with their family law issues.
Our matrimonial attorneys use their experience in the practice of family law to reach a divorce that benefits all parties involved. Other firms often refer family, friends, and colleagues to us when a complication arises in a divorce.
Some of the family law matters we tackle:
- Adoption: With the excitement of adoption comes a lot of stress. Parents, grandparents, or step-parents can easily become overwhelmed with the process of adopting a child. Our legal team will work to expedite this process.
- Alimony: An ex-spouse may do something that renders them ineligible to receive any further alimony payments. Know when and how you can terminate your costly alimony payments by consulting our team. We also are good at defending spouses who need to keep their alimony to survive.
- Child custody and child support issues: We can work to either establish or modify child support obligations, visitation rights, and custody.
- Contested divorce litigation: Division of assets and child custody schedules can be points of contest between two divorcing spouses. Our lawyers have worked to settle these matters in a civil, yet effective way.
- Domestic violence and child abuse issues: An allegation of child abuse is nothing to be taken lightly. Our lawyers understand just how traumatic experiencing or being accused of child abuse is, and we will work efficiently and tirelessly to settle the matter. We also provide counsel for survivors of domestic abuse.
- Equitable distribution of marital property: Our divorce lawyers have advocated for both men and women when it comes to the division of assets, and we can work to determine what is marital property and what is individual property. Our South Plainfield divorce lawyers also advocate for couples who may have shared investments of businesses.
- Fathers’ rights: It is not uncommon for a father to feel as if he has fewer rights than a mother regarding to child custody and visitation. Our lawyers work to make sure that every aspect of a divorce is fair.
- Grandparents’ rights: Grandparents seeking to obtain third-party custody of their grandchildren may find the process to be overwhelming. Our South Plainfield divorce lawyers will work tirelessly to make sure that grandchildren are given a safe, loving home.
- Mothers’ rights: Many mothers may feel unsure of their futures after a divorce. At Lyons & Associates, P.C., we zealously work to protect mothers when it comes to child custody and support issues.
- Post-divorce modifications: Remarrying, moving away, or changing a job can make someone eligible to change the terms of their divorce. Our divorce lawyers can work to modify visitation rights, alimony, and child custody for individuals.
- Same-sex couples litigation: Ever since same-sex marriage was granted in the United States, litigation for divorce has been developing with it. Our lawyers have a successful track record when it comes to representing same-sex couples, especially in regards to adoption and surrogacy. We also take into account pre-existing civil unions and how they may affect child custody and property division.
South Plainfield Divorce Lawyers at Lyons & Associates, P.C. Advocate for Families in New Jersey
If you are considering a divorce, then you are urged to contact one of our South Plainfield divorce lawyers at Lyons & Associates, P.C. We understand that if you do not have someone advocating on your behalf, you could wind up with an unbalanced divorce that leads to unresolved issues down the road. Call us at 908-575-9777 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Morristown and Somerville, New Jersey, we represent clients throughout Somerset, Woodbridge, Morristown, Parsippany, Rockaway, Short Hills, Chatham, Randolph, Madison, and Morris Plains.